Thursday, February 2, 2012

Insomnia, and the January that passed by

It’s unusual for me to stay in my corner on a Friday morning doing this; in the office. It’s already 2 hours past my off, and I’m still here.  The following entry is my first contradictory entry as I told myself that I’ll try not to post any, but then again, lots of bad things just happened and I want it documented so forgive me for posting this. Not forcing you to read on, and not receomended as well.
What I love/loved with my old life was my routinary life for the past 2 year(s); Sunday morning mass, Sunday afternoon whatever, Sunday night shift, Monday morning rest then gym training in the afternoon. Then Monday to Thursday shift that starts with either 10 or 11pm and I never got to be late! Tuesday meetings, Wednesday sub team meetings and then Thursday listening sessions, Friday morning rest/sleep before gym training again in the afternoon. I’ve been like that for a long time. Last December was my peak when I was able to do trainings during Wednesday because I was bulking up for my cousins wedding, plus I had my strict pumping up diet. After December 2011, things just fell apart. Suddenly had lots of problems, and then came to a point that I have to stop working out, and it started last week; haven’t been to the cave of Eclipse.

Things aren’t going too well lately, but all I can do (and I have to) is find little light of happiness, optimism, realization that I’m still lucky despite of the things happening. I’m still thankful for the gift of peace of mind, even at the middle of war and all that HE gave me; that’s the strength HE gave me. However, I’ve been given the challenge to take on financial management; something I’m so poor with.  I don’t usually dwell on negative things as I learned in The Secret that using your creativity to rant or talk about those negative things, will just give more energy and will happen more. However, I learned how to overcome these things and I’d like to read this in the future that I was able to overcome this season in my life.


At the end of the day, you’ll decide if you want to be or you’ll choose to be happy or not; bad things are happening? Watch your favorite comedy series, or do something refreshing. On the greener, lighter note, if everything else fails, there’s one I can think of. *GRINS*

Last Tuesday morning, I met my friend to accompany me to check out the “cheap” 2weeks unlimited access vs. the 10 visits coupon of THAT gym. (I’m still attending YFL during weekends and try to work out a couple of home exercises at home; yes it’s EXER-CISES). Going back to my friend, I kept on texting him and no reply for 2 hours; turned out that he took anti-histamine and woke up late. So we chitchat for a bit and went back home since I have a scheduled meeting with my church mates (it was actually supposed to be Wednesday, but I had a meeting with my “group” at the office, which was moved to Thursday, so moving the meeting on Tuesday was useless; since they arrived 8pm, the time I left home for work). When I reached home, I can’t sleep. I just was resting in my bed and meditated. I sent a message to my manager since my brain that time wasn’t working; she replied that it’s my own decision to go to work or not; and I did. I also did survive that shift and after that, went home and lulled my way to sleep with the help of OTC sleeping aid. The dilemma in our group at the office then came. Oh well, moving on.
My phone was also busted as it suddenly gets drained after you fully charged it, it will be low in battery until it gets emptied by the afternoon. I went to Sony Ericson to have it checked and they said that it has to be reformatted and THEN that’s when they will check if there’s a problem with the motherboard; which basically ends the life of my phone because that can’t be fixed/replaced. I appreciated how the technician at the store put it; blunt and straight. I’m thankful I still have Ploop (my Motorola A810) that I’m currently using right now.
Workwise, I was patiently waiting, for my chance to be a trainer, to make a change in department and the whole Line of Business; and in just one day, one visit from the upper management, one pizza party, everything was ruined. They announced that the move of the Department from Cebu to Manila won’t push through, and that ended my plan. On the lighter side of life, my manager was “kicking” me out of my team since she said that there’s no more opportunity for me here, that I need to find another business that can utilize my training skills.


There are still lots of things that aren’t going well, but I still have a few reasons to smile that I get to multiply; there are times when I want life to be just like an electronic gadget; there’s either a reset button or shutdown-restart and start a new life. However, this comes back to me how you can appreciate life if everything that’s happening is good?

3 comments:

  1. Great ending. :)

    The Secret is a great book if you need refreshing principles. It had changed my life, but me being stubborn, I still bump into life annoying frustrations.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the skill u have gained from this experience will make you a better person, it will make u stronger and you can use this strength maybe not in this company or line of business but for another, never lose hope, you have a lucky future ahead of you

    if you need a friend im here,

    cj

    ReplyDelete
  3. @leomar,thanks.
    and yes, about that secret thing;join the club. the stubborn club. hehehe


    @imsonotconio, thanks. you're always there....

    ReplyDelete